Over the last four years, we’ve covered a lot of topics in this blog, which is a reflection of the many changes going on in marketing and customer experience. Here are ten of the most popular posts:
- More Thoughts on Thought Leadership
- When Lightning Strikes – From Service Gaps to Loyalty
- When Customers Speak Out, Pay Attention or Watch Out
- Becoming a B2B Marketing Digital Native: Part 1 and Part 2
- Plotting Your Way To Super Loyalty
- The CMO as Change Agent
- Ten Steps To Marketing Relevance – Ready to Lead with Content?
- Content Marketing Case Studies: Vantiv and Convergys
- Transformational Marketing
- From CMO to CCO
When we started, many people (including myself) were speaking of Content Marketing, Customer Experience, and Loyalty as separate disciplines. Now they are blending and transforming as Marketers increasingly step up to lead customer engagement.
- Marketing is shifting from a cost center to a revenue generator – and from arts & crafts to art & science
- Marketing will become the chief customer advocate in an organization
- Marketing is moving from an era of mass marketing to an era of engagement marketing
Sanjay goes on to say that, in order to stay in leadership stance, “Marketers need to embrace technology at a fundamentals level and leverage it to help them scale and talk to their customers with a singular purpose in mind: forming long-term, individualized, durable relationships.”
While looking back and recapping is useful for context, Marketers are more than ever needing to look forward. So let’s continue to transform our profession and lead the way on the customer engagement journey.